Ortho Litho 3.0 from Arista is a line and halftone camera film designed for pre-press applications. As a high-contrast film, it is characterized by a very steep gradation and gradation tone, along with a wide density range with high Dmax and low Dmin values for enhanced UV transmission. For halftone, high-contrast applications, rapid access processing in ACD chemistry, such as Majestic 650, is recommended; for continuous tone use, diluted B&W paper developers are recommended for lower contrast results.
For easy handling of the film, the emulsion incorporates a dedicated layer to prevent Newton rings, as well as separate anti-static and anti-stress layers to protect against dust, scratches, and other damage. Additionally, it can be handled and processed under a red safe light.
Note: Litho films are used for lithographic reproduction. That is negs of line art, type, half-tones, etc. These are things that are pure black and pure white only, limited no mid tones.
Arista Ortho Litho 3.0 3.9 x 4.9 is cut slightly smaller than 4×5 to fit properly in 4×5 film holders.
4.9 x 6.9 is cut slightly smaller than 5×7 to fit properly in 5×7 film holders
8×10 will need to be trimmed for 8×10 film holders
- Very steep gradation and gradation tone
- Exceptional dot-and line sharpness
- Wide exposure latitude and development latitude
- Low Minimum density and good UV transmission
- Faithful reproduction of the original
- High maximum density
- Anti-static layer for dust-free handling
- Anti-Stress layer to help protect against scratches and other damage
- Special layer in the emulsion to prevent Newton rings
- ISO rating can rely on process, but generally can be rated at .5 – 6 iso
- Can be processed under red safe light